Roseberys Auctioneers & Valuers, are pleased to offer an internship programme with applications accepted throughout the year. You will have access to multi-disciplines including Front of House & Valuations, Marketing, Asian & Islamic Art, Jewellery, Decorative Arts & Modern Design, Prints & Multiples, Old Masters, Modern British, Impressionist & Modern, Furniture & Works of Art.
- Interact with clients and facilitate all phases of the sales process.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, take messages and provide information to prospective vendors and purchasers.
- Liaise with clients at front of house and assist with clearing items.
- Collaborate with colleagues to assist in office administration.
- General administrative duties
- Assist with social media promotion and marketing
- Unpack deliveries, assist with storage and stock assignment and management.
- Assist with the setting up of public views and auctions.
- Carry out research and compiling data for the art market.
- Work closely with the specialists during catalogue production.
- Researching for catalogue notes and description
- Assist with authentication tasks
- Relevant degree
- Language skills (fluent in English plus one other European language is advantageous)
- Team player and proactive
- Art handling
- Pre, Post and sale day experience
- Client service skills
- Stock management skills
- Being part of a team
- Proof reading
3 month programme consisting of 2 to 3 days a week from 10am to 4pm with one hour for lunch, ideally the same consecutive days each week £15 per day to cover travel and subsistence costs.
To Apply: We do our best to accommodate individual preferences regarding the discipline you are most interested in but there will be involvement across difference departments. The tasks that you undertake will vary depending on which department you are based in. We cannot accept students onto the programme who are on any type of visa.
Email a covering letter letting us know your preferred department and why, state your availability and send with your CV to HR: email@example.com
Saleroom Porter & Assistant
Roseberys are seeking a new saleroom porter and assistant to work across all departments of the auction house. This is a full-time position and is a one-year fixed term contract. It is an excellent entry level role to learn about all aspects of the auction world within a friendly and knowledgeable team.
Main Duties being:
- Moving and lifting heavy furniture, pictures and small objects
- Receiving deliveries into the saleroom, unpacking items
- Ticketing items and checking inventories against items received
- Clearing reception of items being delivered for sale
- Setting up the auction rooms for viewing
- Ensuring the auction rooms, public and outdoor areas are kept clean and presentable
- General auction and viewing day duties
- Assisting clients with clearing items
- Post-sale unsold lot management, re-entering of unsold lots in following auction
- Management and co-ordination of storage areas
- Moving items into relevant storage areas
- Photography and editing of lots for the website and catalogues
- Assisting the cataloguers and valuers as required for all departments
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or relevant previous work experience
- A positive can-do attitude
- Team orientated but also with the ability to work confidently alone
- Motivated and hard-working
- Previous experience of manual handling an advantage but not essential
To apply please send cover letter, CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org