Head of Department: Modern Design & Decorative Arts
To lead the development and growth of the Modern Design & Decorative Arts department; working within the department and with the general valuations team to drive sales, whilst engaging new and existing buyers and consignors to Roseberys.
- Securing consignments to increase turnover and income for the department and selling sales for the Modern Design & Decorative Arts Department. Sourcing new business through pro-active target marketing, cold calling, relationship making and building and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Actively manage client relationships in order to enhance client loyalty and generate business; support key client activity in particular focusing on generating new networks of clients/collectors to Roseberys
- Prepare and deliver valuation proposals to secure consignments, providing valuations both offsite and within the auction house
- Research and write catalogue entries
- Lead the catalogue production process and adhere to strict production deadlines
- Lead the exhibition set up. Actively participate in all presale exhibitions and events, to cultivate bidders, promote and sell the sale. Develop, track and communicate client interest in lots; and execute bids at sale.
- Undertake condition reports for both Modern Design and Decorative arts items
- Viewing responsibilities helping clients at the exhibition; speaking to clients about the property
- Perform valuations for auction and probate in association with the Professional Services Department
- Mentor the junior members of the department, providing support and guidance on matters related to expertise and client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience within the field of Modern Design & Decorative Arts, auction house experience preferred but not essential
- General knowledge about a broad range of values within the discipline ranging from £200-£200,000
- Proven track record at generating business from both private and trade sources and increasing turnover within similar field
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment and meet deadlines
- Driven with a positive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Full or part time position will be considered. To apply please send CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org